Super Eagles striker happy to be back in Germany - FCNaija
Nigeria international, Anthony Ujah has confessed that life in the Chinese Super League was far from rosy for him hence he is very excited to be back in a familiar terrain in the German Bundesliga.
 
Ujah, 27, joined Mainz during the week from Liaoning Hongyun after less than a full season in China.
The Super Eagles striker has signed till 2020 with Mainz, whom he played for in the 2011/2012 season when he struggled and scored just two goals in 12 games.
“The huge distances were difficult. Three, four hours flight to each away game, and we, on many occasions, we had to arrive at match venues two days before. Private jets could not do much to help out,” Ujah told bild.de about his China experience.
 
 “I missed the fans in the stadium, the love and hunger for the Bundesliga football was bigger!”
 
Ujah then added in an interview with Mainz’s official website: “Before now, I needed a translator so I’m really glad that I can now communicate with my teammates without a problem. It makes things a lot easier on and off the pitch.
 
“I really missed the atmosphere in the stadiums over here. I’m looking forward to being able to experience it once again. For me, it’s exactly the right moment in my career to return.”
 
Ujah also previously played for Cologne and Werder Bremen in the Bundesliga

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top